Calcium lactate is a compound derived from lactic acid and calcium carbonate. It is considered to have good bioavailability, meaning that the body can absorb and utilize the calcium efficiently. It is also water-soluble, therefore enhancing the absorption in the digestive tract compared to some other forms of calcium supplements. Some of the health benefits of Calcium include:
– Contributes to normal blood clotting.
– Contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
– Contributes to normal muscle function.
– Contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes.
– Needed for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
– Helps to reduce the loss of bone mineral in post-menopausal women. Low bone mineral density is a risk factor for osteoporotic bone fractures.
*Authorised EFSA Claims (European Food Safety Authority)
Calcium is essential for people of all ages, from growing children who need it for bone development to older adults who need to maintain bone density